Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I'll Take the $10 blaster: Best of Both Worlds

The freaks come out at night....


Longo mini
Beckett Black Gypsy-Back
Night SP Tulo,
and motherf%$king Buffalo Bill himself (easily one of the best cards in the set).



I've opened boxes of goodwin in the past, but only one hobby and maybe a blaster or two. This does not affect my love for this set. It has grown on me like a mediocre college campus, and despite the clogged-drain, full garbagecan, beautiful agony of the painting, have grown to feel at home in its arm-chair beige, multi-sport righteousness. I never had the pleasure of pulling a Night SP previous to this blaster, and so I was intimately aware of what I was looking for/that which I had not seen in person until the opening of the box. I love it. Little did I know that this was the beginning of a little bit of a roll I was on (more to follow in $10 bargain bin blaster endeavors) I am am not so much a hockey fan as I am a fan of Wayne Gretzky, Mark Messier, Patrick Roy, and most of all, OVI. sick pulls. Roy was inspiring as "une habitante", and I was honored to have opened this box.
Gretzky mini
UD Anny Patrick Roy Game-Used Jersey
Carey Price (rc)
Alex Ovechkin
Thank you, bargain Bin.
Peterson

3 comments:

  1. Adam is totally getting that Beckett. Wait til you see what he sent me last week. holy shit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have owed you for a long time and you sent some pretty good damn stuff yourself...

    ReplyDelete