Monday, December 12, 2011

Live Up To It, or Leave It Alone: It's A Mess In Here

I have too many baseball cards...I have taken a major blow to the collecting soul I have embraced over the last few years. The one that got me into blogging in the first place. Everytime I think of this Ryan Braun news, I get sick to my stomach. I think I was secretly hiding away my true fervor for this athlete since the first box of bowman I opened in 06. He was the first Brewers low-level prospect I invested in after moving back to richmond in 05. I made a lot of money off of a few graded AUTO RCs and kept a "personal" collection" filled with every topps issue and variation of his from both 2007 and 2008 (minus 1/1s).

From 2004-2006 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, the Brewers were like a god inside me. It had been 7 years since mom and dad passed and I had lived 4-5 of my 9 lives in that span alone.... Going to Miller Park, seeing games in a glorious cathedral where my now long past, father came to see the World Series Braves when he was a teen. It is bigger than my favorite picture of my friend robin and I in front of the park, it is bigger than me going to the park by myself on mother's day. It is something I have been waiting to see in myself...a sea change.
I used to be well aquainted with massive shifts in perception and sudden upheaval of values, senses and awareness. They come fewer now. I feel it happening now. I see the images of the tsunami in Japan, the power of the turn of the earth.
I will be coaching my third year at the HS JV level this winter. I need to let my mind change.
Baseball is a game of physics.
...but physics came first.

Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment