Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Why?: Topps?

I am a fan of Nolans all around. but I noticed that there is a discrepancy in the topps 2010 lineup. (mark this among the myriad "problems" I have had with Topps Company this year(severley miscut refractors and base, scoliosis of the card etc. all of which will be sent back for replacement) but this is one that hits on multiple levels.
I collect the 2010 Heritage Chrome set (AS I HOPE YOU ALL KNOW WELL)
but I also collect Topps Rookie Cup cards...

There is an exceptionally attractive trophy on his base card...

There is no trophy on his Chrome Base card...


elvis andrus has a trophy on his chrome card.
WTF.
Topps, we need to get a drink and work some shit out.






3 comments:

  1. Perhaps by the time Chrome was released it was obvious to Topps that Reimold's play wasn't worthy of the trophy.

    I'm just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to complain but this is the quality that topps seems to deliver anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beard, we know all-to-well about his play. Hell I have his SGA tshirt and wear it all the time. I am still hopeful that he can have an MLB career. Plus it was exciting to have a rookie live past the hype he was given, ahem Mr. Weiters.

    ReplyDelete